Steps with breathing of Ashtanga Namaskara
1. Start with dandasana and slowly come in vajrasana (heels beneath the hips) and walk your hands all the way forward until torso is parallel to the floor (also called table top position).
2. Lower your chest towards the floor till it reaches to the mat placing it between the hands
press your toes against the mat and touch the chin to the floor.
3. It the final posture all the 8 limbs of the body i.e. the two feet, both the knees, both the palms, the chest and the chin, should be in contact with the floor.
4. Slowly lift your chin and chest up, straighten your elbows and walk your hands back and sit in vajrasana or relax in shishu asana (child’s pose).
1. Wrist underneath the shoulder (arms and knees are perpendicular).
2. Toes pressing against the ground.
3. Elbows closer to the torso.
4. Reach your tailbone towards sky.
Variations of Ashtanga Namaskara
lying on the belly by keeping hands by the side of the chest is one best variation available.